Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0

The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0 The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror, Version 2.0 by Christopher Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In one word: hilarious!!  This was the third Christopher Moore book I have read and it certainly didn't disappoint.  If you love those emotional and sappy Christmas books, this is definitely not for you.  This is the Author's Warning:  "If you're buying this book as a gift for your grandma or a kid, you should be aware tht it contains cusswords as well as tasteful depections of cannibalism and people in their forties having sex.  Don't blame me.  I told you."  Yep, that about sums it up.

The story takes place in sunny Pine Cove, California.  Pine Cove is a small town where everyone knows everyone.  Seems like the town is made up mostly of lunatics.  A little boy witnesses Santa being killed and makes a wish to have Santa alive again so that he can have a good Christmas.  The "stupidest" angel visits Pine Cove in order to grant the boy his wish and it all goes wrong . . . . I enjoyed the many laughs and actually enjoyed the zombies (I think my best friend's love for zombies is wearing off on me).  The book was funny, witty, and crude.  A Christmas story like no other!!

No comments:

Post a Comment