Sunday, November 8, 2009

Olive Kitteridge: A Novel in Stories

Olive Kitteridge: A Novel in Stories Olive Kitteridge: A Novel in Stories by Elizabeth Strout

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ugh! I'll be honest, this book was simply frustrating. The book is made up of short stories revolving around the life of Olive Kitteridge, who isn't the most pleasant woman to begin with. The stories don't seem to tie together, except for the fact that they are all depressing in some way.  Someone is either dying or having something tragic happening to them throughout each story.  It was really hard for me to continue reading it.  Perhaps I am just more accustomed to reading novels, rather than a bunch of stories. 

Unfortunately, it was a gift I gave my friend for her birthday.  How sad is that?  Sorry Becky!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Becky – I’m a British author and a fellow member of Bookblogs, and I wanted to invite you (and your readers) to participate in my Blogsplash – there’s more information at http://www.fionarobyn.com/thawblogsplash.htm. Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete