Friday, March 12, 2010

The Wednesday Letters

The Wednesday Letters The Wednesday Letters by Jason F. Wright

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I had seen this book pop up on Goodreads a couple of times, so I Bookmooched it.  It was a delightful book.  Yes, I said delightful.  For the third book in a row, I couldn't put it down.  There isn't a greater feeling when reading.  It was a light read, but full of so much character.  It is a book about love, forgiveness, loyalty, redemption, and life.

The book is about a couple who peacefully die in each other's arms.  Shortly after their death, they find letters from their father written to their mother.  Every Wednesday, since their wedding, he would right his wife a letter.  The letters reveal his love for his wife and his family, yet open the door to a hidden family secret.  I'll leave it at that.  I don't want to spoil it.

For me, the book shows us that yes you can have love, yes you can have moments along the way that a blissful, wonderful.  However, life is never going to be perfect.  Life is hard, life is worth living everyday.  Love your spouse.  Love them for them, they will love you back.  Marriage is made up of many trials, happiness, struggle, and most importantly, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment