Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Dirty Job

A Dirty Job A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book was wacky, zany, and funny. I never thought I would enjoy a book about death, but I did. I was laughing outloud throughout the book.

The book is about a man named Charlie who becomes death after witnessing his wife's soul vessel being taken as she dies. His new job becomes DEATH by collecting soul vessels for people who have died or are about to. If that wasn't wacky enough, he begins fighting with the underworld. I know what you are thinking. Why is that funny? Well, first of all, it's Christopher Moore. Secondly, don't you have to have a sense of humor doing a job such as this? I loved Charlie and his sister, Jane. They were such smart asses, which is something I could relate to. ;o) My favorite line in the book was, "not in the butt . . . not in the butt. . . not in the butt." You won't understand that one until you read it, then you will laugh your butt off!

I loved the book . . . . if you need a good laugh, pick this one up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment