Friday, May 15, 2009

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer


My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars

The setting of this book takes place as WWII is ending. It is a montage of letters from an author who is looking to write a book and discovers the intriguing Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society on Guernsey island. This book is light and witty. I recommend this book to anyone interested in WWII history. This was my first WWII fiction novel and I LOVED IT!! This time period really intrigues me and the book took you through the aftermath of a war that no one really wanted. It kept me coming back for more and I hated for the book to end! The authors did a great job incorporating a lot of different personalities into the book. At times, I even laughed out loud and couldn't get enough! Such a great book. Read it!

1 comment:

  1. This blog is really pretty! Great job today on your devotion!

    ReplyDelete